2019 Student Video PSA Contest Winners Announced 2019
The City of Las Cruces Public Information Office today announced the winners of the 13th annual CLC-TV Student Video PSA (Public Service Announcement) Contest in which area students were asked to produce a 30-second video PSA. The theme of this year’s contest is “Positive Role Model”.
A total of 25 entries were received from 45 middle school students in the Las Cruces area. There were Silver and Gold winners, with Gold being the highest honor. Entries are judged based on content, technicality and creativity. All winners will have their video PSAs placed on CLCTV.com. Gold winners will also have their PSAs played on CLC-TV Comcast channel 20 for up to one year.
Gold winning PSAs are also posted on CLCTV.com so the public can vote for an overall favorite. The student or duo who receives the most votes for their PSA will each win a brand-new Go Pro camera. Voting will go live Monday, May 6th on CLCTV.com and the deadline to vote is Sunday, May 12. The winning PSA will be announced on the City of Las Cruces Facebook page on Monday, May 13..
Congratulations to the following winners:
- “Be an Inspiration” by Makayla Zavala, 8th grade, Isabel Perez 8th, Mesa Middle School
- “Our Coach, Our Teacher, Our Influencer” by Yanelly Garcia, Chelsey Hostetler, 8th grade, Mesa Middle School
- “Our Inspiration” by Alena Hernandez 8th grade & Emily Esparza, 8th grade, Mesa Middle School
- “How Can I be a Role Model” by Catherine Williams & Giovanni Dominquez, 8th grade, Sierra Middle School
- “Just Say No” by Jayden Lopez & Loghan Barrio – 6th grade, Las Cruces Catholic School
- “What Positive Role Models Are Made of” by Amayiah Zamarripa & Charlene Bowes, 7th grade, Mesa Middle School
Gold and Silver winners will be recognized and presented awards at the May 6, City Council meeting at 1 p.m. in council chambers at City Hall, 700 N. Main St.