Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture to open at the Branigan Cultural Center 2019
Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture, an exhibit from the American Museum of Natural History, opens Friday, March 8, and runs through Saturday, April 20, at the Branigan Cultural Center, 501 N. Main Street. The exhibit explores the complex and intricate food system that shapes what we consume from farm to fork.
Visitors will be able to learn about the intersection of science, culture, health and our relationship with food. The free public exhibit answers such questions as:
- How does food reflect and influence culture and identity?
- What is the role of human ingenuity in shaping food – past, present, and future?
- How does what we eat affect the planet?
- Why is food diversity important?
- What is the role of food in human health?
- How does our sense of taste affect our food choices?
The museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For additional information, visit the website at: http://las-cruces.org/museums or call 575/541-2154.